This feature ensures that any subscription-based order, for whatever reason, that was not processed by MINIBC is automatically detected and a subscription recovered/created for that order without any additional actions required by the merchant.
To enable this feature you'll need to complete the following:
- Navigate to App Settings -> General Settings for our Classic dashboard or Settings -> Merchant Profile for our new V2 dashboard. Once there, enable the Automated Subscription Recovery option.
- Enabled the only other item needed to complete setup is to enable and write the Subscription Recovery template email. You can find a starter template here.
The process MINIBC will follow when creating these recovered subscriptions is detailed below:
- Upon detection of a failed subscription order, MINIBC will gather the required details and begin the subscription creation process. This process will follow the same rules and customizations you may have for a properly placed subscription order; including any Order Meta Fields (minus payment items).
- After the subscription is created, payment details will be gathered. Depending on your default gateway one of the following flows will take place:
- Recoverable - MINIBC will use the initial transaction details to create the necessary tokenized/vaulted payment and once completed send out the default Subscription Created email (if enabled) to the subscriber.
- Non-Recoverable - MINIBC will not be able to recover payment; the subscriber will need to input payments details. MINIBC will send out the Subscriber Recovery email (if enabled) and the subscriber will be provided details on how to add payment to their subscription.
- Should no payment details be added (2B) before the next scheduled renewal, the subscriber will receive the Billing Error email (if enabled) notifying them that their subscription failed to renew.
For a list of gateways that support recoverable payments see our Gateway Support list.
With these simple steps and automated processes, merchants can have confidence that no subscriptions will be missed once this feature is enabled. Should you need further assistance or have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to our support team.